Excited about fall? Can’t wait to decorate your home in seasonal decor? Neither can we! It’s time to say goodbye to summer & hello to fall by adding these fall touches to your home. Here are our favorite fall decorating ideas:
- Welcome the season on your front porch – The classic pumpkin-lined porch will always be in style. Stop by your local pumpkin patch or local market to pick up some pumpkins for your porch to give your home maximum curb appeal.
- Swap out pillows – Transform the feeling of your family room by trading your summer pastel pillows for pillows with deeper colors like burgundy. Add a few coordinating throws and you’re good to go!
- Add fall flowers to your yard– Display colorful flowers outside in different ways like in a wagon or wheelbarrow.
- Paint patterned pumpkins – Paint your monogram, favorite football team, home state, favorite fall saying or favorite design!
- Create a fall gallery wall – Stop by HomeGoods, TJ Maxx or Home Depot for assorted small frames & fill them with fall sayings or family photos.
- Mason jars – Use mason jars as a centerpiece for your kitchen or dining room table & add your favorite fall flowers.
- Fall chalkboard art – Use orange, yellow & red chalk to write your favorite things about fall, draw pumpkins, write a recipe for a holiday dish & more!
- Hang a fall wreath – A wreath is a perfect way to tie in fall decor to your front door, mantels, walls & more.
- Add a plaid blanket – Add a touch of fall to your bedroom with a plaid blanket featuring fall colors.
- Put seasonal produce on display on your kitchen table – The fall is a great time to go apple picking! Put the apples in large bowls on the kitchen table.
- Frame your kids art – Kids work on fall-themed arts and crafts projects at school throughout the season. Frame your favorites and display them on your mantel as part of the decorations for your home.
- Swap out your soaps for fall scented soaps – Williams Sonoma has a great collection of Pumpkin Spice hand soap, hand lotion & dish soap.
- Lanterns – Lanterns can be used alone or as part of an indoor or outdoor display.
- Decorate your fireplace mantel – Combine several different types of decorations such as fall leaves, wreathes, pumpkins & candles.